Our Biobank is a not-for-profit service established to increase the availability and use of human biomaterials for research within academic institutions, NHS Trusts and private industry.
Located on the clinical academic campus within the new Centre for Advanced Discovery and Experimental Therapeutics, we supply samples of human tissue, blood, body fluids and processed derivatives for use in ethical biomedical research.
The BRC Biobank is fully equipped for biomaterial, collection, processing and storage:
- Frozen storage with 24hr temperature monitoring and alarm system
- Automated nucleic acid extraction
- Tissue microarray construction
- Processes managed by dedicated Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Dedicated management, procurement and technical staff
Why are biobanks needed?
Biomedical research plays a vital role in the understanding of human disease pathogenesis.
The underlying processes involved in disease can be revealed by studying changes at the molecular and cellular level in human samples and increases the likelihood of effective new medicines being developed.
For further information:
If you would like more information on our Biobank please contact:Dr Jay BrownBRC Biobank ManagerTel: +44(0) 161 701 1890
Fax: +44(0) 161 701 1859